Konga.com

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Lady Gaga Opens Up- I Was Raped at 19 That Changed My Body and Thought


It was exactly a year back when the pop sensation Lady Gaga came out in the open and spoke about being raped at 19 years old.

 But she was emotionally vulnerable then and didn't talk about how she felt and what she went through after the incident. 

But in a recent conversation with New York Times columnist and author Frank Bruni, she confessed about how emotionally and physically battered she felt.

Gaga said "I didn't tell anyone for I think seven years. I didn't know how to think about it. I didn't know how to accept it.

 I didn't know how to not blame myself or think it was my fault. It's something that really changed my life. It changed who I was completely. It changed my body, it changed my thoughts."

The six-time Grammy winner further spoke about how the rape changed her physically.


 She said "When you go through a trauma like that, it doesn't just have the immediate physical ramifications. For many people it is a trauma, where you re-experience it through the years after it. 

It can trigger patterns in your body of physical distress. So a lot of people suffer not just emotional and mental pain, but physical pain as a result of being abused, raped or traumatized in some way." She is one brave lady.


 


No comments: